We are seeking the services of a Cadet Building Surveyor who wishes to pursue a career as an Accredited Certifier. You will have exceptional initiative, motivation and communication skills, together with the will-to-learn with a progressive building surveying practice.
We shall offer mentoring throughout the cadetship by experienced senior building certifiers. Your employment and training can be done in parallel to your part-time tertiary studies in a field relevant to the building surveying profession.
We shall fully support your initiative for further advancement and ambition to become an accredited certifier.
Our Company is well-resourced, offering a professional and supportive team culture in a friendly working environment. Our offices are located at Manly on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
We provide statutory compliance, advisory and approval services to the building industry; particularly in the areas of compliance with the Building Code of Australia and applicable Australian Standards with expertise in projects requiring the development of tailored, specific compliance solutions to suit the unique nature and individual circumstances of each project.
This is an opportunity to join a highly respected company, specialising in a wide range of Commercial, Retail, Industrial & Government projects.
We shall offer a remuneration package based upon your experience/knowledge and initiative and will support your tertiary studies.
- Progressively acquire a basic knowledge of the Building Code of Australia and legislation relative to building and development;
- Develop skills necessary to assist in the assessment, approval, inspection and certification of building development;
- Client liaison, problem-solving and technical/project management of projects.
- Good IT skills
- High level of attention to detail, accurate note taking and record-keeping
- Team player
- Strong communication skills and customer service focus
- Driver’s license
- Undergraduate candidates should be currently enrolled in years 2 to 4 of the construction management degree with at least 3 or 4 days to be available in the office.
If you feel you are suitable for this role and are interested in further information, please contact Heath McNab 02 9939 1530 for a confidential conversation or email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org