From July 1, all Australian States and Territories have adopted NCC 2019 Amendment 1, which was a result of decisions made by the Building Ministers’ Forum and the Board.
NCC 2019 Amendment 1 includes:
- A new provision on egress from early childhood centres;
- An update requiring labeling of aluminum composite panels (in accordance with SA Technical Specification 5344);
- Clarification on the use of timber framing for low-rise Class 2 and 3 buildings;
- Clarification on where anti-ponding board requirements are relevant; and
- Correction of minor errors.
These amendments were also made in response to recommendations of the Building Confidence Report. See more.
The Australian Building Codes Board has revised the wording, structure and terminology of the NCC in order to make the Code easier to understand and implement.
For more information on these changes, or to find out whether they will affect your development, get in touch with our accredited certifiers.