Defence Estate Works
The Security and Estate Group develops and sustains the Defence Estate and is the consolidated security and service delivery organisation for Defence. MBC Group provides building consultation and certification services for Defence developments across Australia, including accommodation, office and warehouse facilities, as well as operational buildings such as aircraft hangers. We have worked on multiple projects with contractors in this market.
We have an in-depth understanding of the unique process involved in assessing and certifying Defence developments. For example, if a performance solution is provided to address only the BCA, the project is referred to the Director Estate Engineering Policy (DEEP). However, in cases where a MFPE compliant solution is not attainable, approval from the Assistant Secretary Environment and Engineering (ASEE) is required, it’s a subtle but important difference. Here are some examples of our work with the DEWP:
- NorForce Depot, Alice Springs, Larrakeyah Barracks, Darwin, RAAF Base, Darwin & Robertson Barracks, Darwin – BCA audit reports
- Royal Military College (ACT) – BCA auditing of existing buildings
- EST03635 RAAF Richmond – refurbishment program (certifier)
- NNSW 11763 Fleet Base East – BCA consultant
- EST04398 Holsworthy – BCA consultant
- RAAF Williamtown – refurbishment program (certifier)
- HMAS Coonawarra Building N001 (NT) – fire hydrant service upgrade
- PDS 03741 Victoria Barracks Comms Centre – BCA audit report
- PDS EST03700 Lancer Barracks – replace existing structure with new ablution demountable building (certifier)
Our swift response times and ability to undertake site inspections in some of the most remote regions of Australia also gives Defence confidence in the safety and functionality of its assets, ensuring it can focus on operations that continue to protect Australians.
Like reading about our projects?
Contact us to discuss your proposed development and find out how we can deliver outstanding results for your development.