Our MBC Scholarship program: University of Newcastle, Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
MBC Group believes in supporting and nurturing talent for the future development of the building and construction industry. To this end, we’re proud to have launched our MBC Scholarship program in 2018 to support students who are driven to succeed.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $5,000 each year over two years of study (total value $10,000) in the eligible program.
To be eligible, the students:
- Are currently enrolled in the second or third year of the Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) (Honours) with Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, at the University of Newcastle.
- Demonstrate academic achievement by having a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate impact of educational disadvantage, such as being a sole carer and/or sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long-term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, or regional or remote students.
- Not have previously completed a degree.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
This scholarship enables MBC Group to live our values while helping to play a small part in the future of the building and construction industry.
Our first scholarship recipient, Jonathan Bourne, was supported for two years and now it’s time to choose our second student recipient.